Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 26, 2015




Wow, I just want to start out with that I love my family so much! my Sister Melissa and my Dad had their birthdays this week and I just want to congratulate them(: I wish I could be there with them and celebrate, but I’ll be here for a bit longer in the lords vineyard(: This week was a good week! We have several investigators that are progressing. The first one is the family. Bryan is the best! haha He is so excited about his baptism in 2 weeks! And he already wants to go on a mission!  He accepts everything!  For example, we teach him new commandments and he says “Okay I’ll follow that!” Or he says that he wants to buy us pizza on Sunday and we tell him that another day would be better because we don’t buy food on the Sabbath and he says, “Oh okay! Thanks for telling me.  I won’t buy food on Sundays.” haha (: and his family are great! There are 4 of them in total, but his dad is not listening, he doesn’t want to. Another person named Lupita! She will be getting baptized as well in 2 weeks.  She has been waiting a long time to get married and now is married and wants to get baptized.  She has had the missionary lessons for a long time and now we are just rephrasing everything to make sure she is ready and teaching her new stuff.  It’s so fun to teach her and her husband, who is reactivating. We ask her why she wants to get baptized and she says “I want to get baptized because I want eternal families,  I want to get sealed in the temple with my husband.”  Wow! And we have another investigator named Felicita. She is also amazing and says that she found what she was looking for. She loves listening, and reading the scriptures. She has cancer and is having a hard time with it, we have given her a blessing and she says that she is starting to feel better. But we will see how things go. We also have a Jew that we are teaching, he is awesome! And always gives us food to eat (: but we will see how things go with him haha (:
     This week we ate some weird oyster, I don’t know what it’s called but it’s like a weird clam or something that’s like a muscle or something and we just crack it open, put lime inside and some chili and slurp it down. It’s like eating a bloody worm..... But it actually tasted good hahahaha pictures are coming. (: I’m also sure that I’ve eaten a lot of weird meat that I don’t even know what it is but all I can say is that I eat weird meet here...(: Well I love you all(: nos vemos la proxima semana(: adios. con amor, Elder Portlock
   Oh! And one more thing, I’m ok hahaha the hurricane did not touch Tonalá, (:



This is just us being silly


This is the weird food that I ate


And, a baby turtle


No comments:

Post a Comment