Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

This week on Tuesday was the transfers! We woke up early morning to head to the bus station to help all the missionaries with there baggage and stuff haha and then I got on my bus to head to Tonala! My old companion Elder De Jesus also sat next to me as we traveled! I was so happy to see him! He will be going to Tapachula. It was hard to say good bye to Elder Gamboa as well! But I have my new companion named Elder Lainez, he is from Honduras and is 20 years old. He has 4 months in the mission and we have been working hard this week(: being District leader has been great because I have more time to work and focus in my area.(: when I got to my new area it was way hot and humid! I have been sweating a ton! and its true!!!! after you take a shower you began to sweat more haha!  There are tons of iguanas here and they are big! One of these days I will eat one(: I'm officially sleeping in my hammock and its been awesome! On Saturday morning we were serving by cutting down trees with machetes!!!! I felt like I was in the movie the other side of heaven because this area looks like Tonga haha! and after we found of few coconuts that have fallen and we opened them up to drink water! It's amazing! On Sunday we assisted church! wow! Its so different then a ward! we are serving in a branch and there aren't a lot of members, well there is lots of work to be done! I love you all family and friends and I hope everything is doing well at home(: have a great week(: Elder Portlock, Cuidate voz!


The new house

It's called frapozol!  It's really yummy.


Saying goodbye to Tuxtla

Saying goodbye.

Transfers

Elder De Jesus!

Hello, Tonala.

Tonala

Transfers

Transfers

Elder Lainez


The new house

The new house

Whoooo!  I'm using my hammock!

Dirt roads everywhere

Tonala

Together we will make a new history in Tonala.

My new district

a dead pig??? dog???

More dirt roads


a well

cows

Getting ready to cut wood and coconuts


Cutting and drinking coconuts


 A bees nest

No comments:

Post a Comment