Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

This week was amazing. I first want to start with the reunion that we had on Tuesday, it was the reunion with the zone, it was my first time to teach the zone, and it actually went pretty well. We talked a ton about obedience and the importance of it. We talked a lot about our love for God and that if we love him we will be obedient. I want to say more about it but there's not a lot of time. On Saturday we taught a investigator for the 3rd time. Her name is Ana. She is amazing! She broke down in tears to tell us her experience about her prayer, she told us that she got her answer and she feels that this church is true! She read the a chapter in Alma that we left her and she read it with the family! She said she felt the spirit really strong in her house! Wow! She accepted baptism! Wow! The only thing now is to help her get married because they are living together without marriage! Well I feel so happy that I'm changing peoples lives! Its literally the fruits of the mission! Wow! Another thing I learned this week is about the people who are prepared to receive this gospel. At the beginning of my mission I thought that only a few people are prepared. I would always contact and teach lessons but many people just don't want to hear anymore, with them I would always think to myself that they're not ready to hear the gospel. Well I learned a lot that EVERYONE is ready to hear the gospel, they just need to feel the spirit and feel that we have interest in them, then they can use their free agency to accept it! But they are all ready. There is a scripture in Alma 16: 16-17  PLEASE READ! God poured his spirit upon all the face of the earth to prepare the hearts of the people. I really have a testimony of this and hope that you all can be an example and share the light you have so that other people can find their inner light!. 
    Well this morning we got a call from President... he told us that he needs Elder Lemus in the offices as his secretary, we are all sad to see elder Lemus go! But Elder Gonzales and I are still together as zone leaders haha this just means that we need to work extra hard because we both don't know the area very well, but I'm really exited to work. Well family and friends I love you all. Oh and my Spanish is getting a lot better! I'm not perfect at all and I still have a really hard time explaining things because I'm not fluent yet, but I can teach and communicate with everyone so I'm good! I love this language SO much its so weird to be able to speak two languages hahaha! like really weird..... but its such and amazing blessing! once again I love you all. I miss ya all! is so weird to think I've been here for about 7 months and a half! wow! take care con amor! 
Elder Portlock (:
 
HaHa.  It's me!  And I have that same tie!

Elder Lemus gave me a Spain, Barcelona Jersey!  Dad, this is the best thing ever!  It makes me think about your mission every day.  I know it's from Barcelona and you served in Madrid, but it's SPAIN!!!!  Woooooo  :D

Lideres de distrito.  Mi zona.

Tuxtla en la noche

Painting more houses

Riding in the back of a ride.  The funny thing about Mexico is that there's not a lot of rules.... (:

The best ward council, every Sunday we all go out and teach people.

I saw Elder Jimenez again.  (:

Painting a house

Oh yeah!

Bridge we cross

Mis bros
 

No comments:

Post a Comment