Monday, August 4, 2014

Hola Familia

Well, I have arrived here in Mexico Tuxtla Gutierrez!  Wow, what a day.  First off, I don't have a lot of time to say everything because I need to get ready for bed now.  Next week I'll be able to write more.  But this place is crazy!  Wow!  Huge culture shock!  And the drivers here are crazy and people don't have rules here.  They drive where ever they want, they walk wherever they please.  The streets are filled with people trying to sell you stuff.  When we first arrived, the president was there along with the AP's.  We then went to Walmart and got food for dinner.  At dinner we had some good taquitos that were very tasty.  There were a lot of elders and they all speak Spanish and only Spanish.  There were about 5 gringos that were all fluent.  And then there's Elder Rowland and I, the only English speakers.  Ha ha.  It was hard trying to talk to people.  I get my new companion tomorrow, and my first assigned area tomorrow.  So I'll let you know how things are next Monday on p-day.  I love you all and take care.  I know with our Savior Jesus Christ we can all get through trials we face in life.  Hasta luego!

Love, Elder Portlock


No comments:

Post a Comment