Sunday, July 27, 2014



Dear Family,
Well, I have one more week here.  It’s crazy.  I’ve learned so much here.  I’ve had many up and down days.  The language kills me.  I’m not gonna be able to speak it for a while.  But I do know that I will get it.  And because of our Savior Jesus Christ I can put my full hope in him.  Coming here I’ve learned a lot about myself.  I’ve learned my weaknesses.  I’ve really been able to see how weak I am, but I know with our Savior I can lean on him every day.  I’ve learned that the MTC is meant to tear you down in a good way.  The MTC is not to train you in Spanish, it’s not meant to teach you how to teach, though it does do that a bit.  The MTC is meant to try your faith, it teaches you that you need faith in Jesus Christ.   I’ve learned so much here and I can’t wait to go to Mexico!  I’ve had many hard days where I wish I was home, but I’ve also had amazing days.  I was made zone leader and we got a huge district this week.  I feel way old and wise.  HAHA!  I can’t believe I’m almost out of here.  I didn’t get travel plans this week but I for sure will next week.  Also I found out when I leave I get to call you guys, so I’ll call after I get off each plane.  I’ll let you know more detail next week when I get my travel plans.  But depending on layover, I get up to an hour to call!!!  So that’s some good news.  Mom and Dad, I miss you!  But don’t you worry about me.  Dad, when I saw the picture you sent I started to tear up because I miss running with my dad.  Mom and Dad, I think about you every day and I love you so much!
Love, Elder Portlock
My cross country team!!!


1 comment: