Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dear Family,

The MTC is amazing.  I love it here.  I have learned so much.  Only 2 weeks left.  My Spanish is getting better each day.  I already know 3 times more Spanish than I learned in high school.  I've taught about 10 lessons in Spanish and each one gets better.  I taught about Christ and Joseph Smith and I gave the first vision.  It's amazing when you drop all of your notes and just go by the spirit, you can say so much!

I got to go to Salt Lake City last week to pick up my visa.  It was weird driving close by Riverton.  We met the other Hermanas that are going to Tuxtla with us.  I have seen tons of people here that I know from high school.  It's so awesome.  

I am the district leader now, more responsibilities and it's fun.  Oh, and I will be made the zone leader tomorrow.  That's exciting.  Also this week there is a sister in our district who is having a problem with her neck.  I don't know what the problem was, but she asked me to give her a blessing.  I gave her a blessing and it was an amazing experience.  The spirit was so strong.  And the best part about it, she is already doing better.  I know that because of her faith she is healed. 

Here are some answers to questions:  Which bunk do you sleep on, top or bottom?  I sleep on the bottom bunk for the first 3 weeks and then we switch and I get the top bunk for the last 3 weeks.  What are Sundays like at the MTC?  Sundays are full of meetings, sacrament with zone, priesthood, branch interviews, branch devotionals, more interviews, study time, devotional at Main Campus with cool speakers, then a movie.  They are awesome!  What do you do for exercise?  To be honest, not much exercise....We play volleyball every day and it's extremely fun.  Do you get to go to the temple very often?  I got to go to the temple my first p-day, then it closed my second and third p-day.  But it is open again.  We got to see the newest temple film today.  Did you hear about the earthquake recently in southern Mexico?  I did hear about the earthquake.  That is so crazy.  Makes me even more excited to get down there now.  I want to serve them so bad!  Are there any treats or things that you need in packages?  Treats?  Surprise me!

Well, I don't know what else to say, but if you want to read a great talk, look up "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar.  It's a life changing talk. And here is something I learned at the devotional last Sunday:
--Charity always requires sacrifice.
--Charity is who we are, not what we do.
--Charity is a gift from God.




Love, Elder Portlock

Jamba Juice!


This is the group going to Tuxla Gutierrez, getting our visas!

Driving past Riverton.  It was weird.





I saw Eric today at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment