Tuesday, July 19, 2016

June 16, 2016


Well I did it! I can’t believe that I actually completed my 2 year mission in Chiapas Mexico for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints! My Testimony in our God and Savior Jesus Christ has richly been fed and has grown immensely as I prayed, served, taught, read, sweated, prayed, traveled, served more, learned Spanish, prayed, walked, ran, sweated some more and especially prayed! haha I love the Gospel very much! It teaches us the ways of Jesus our perfect example. The one who made everything possible! The People in Chiapas have taken a huge part of my heart and I will always call them family!
 My last week in the mission was great! Full of traveling haha(: my last Monday I traveled to Tonala and spent the night there with the missionaries. Then on Tuesday I traveled to Tuxtla and spent all day with my converts and members. On Wednesday I spent the day with the missionaries of the office and with President George. We attended the temple together and had a testimony meeting and ate dinner there, after which I enjoyed a last interview with my President. On Thursday morning we woke up early and drove over to the airport where we said our last goodbyes and took our plane to Mexico City where my MTC companion Elder Rowland and I traveled together and spent about 5 hours in the Mexico airport. At about 3:45 p.m. we took our flight towards Salt Lake City where we ended our time together and met with our dear family in Utah. I was super nervous to see them! I actually did it! The day where I had always thought about as a little kid in primary, and it actually came! We then traveled together as a family to the stake center where I was relieved as a Full Time Missionary. I defiantly had a culture shock for the next few days trying to get back into everything. I am very grateful to God for this wonderful opportunity. Here's to the BEST TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!
Elder Portlock






















No comments:

Post a Comment